We are happy to send you the final jury findings of the Independent People's Tribunal on the World Bank in India on this first year anniversary. After review of several thousand pages of transcripts and much deliberation the Jury has put together an extensive and substantiated list of charges against the Bank. We hope that such a strong statement from this distinguished group will contribute significantly to the debate on the legitimacy of the Bank's operations in the country and as an institution in general.Please circulate as widely as possible to your local media, your networks, your government representatives, policy makers, academics, economists, and youth organizations.
We are initially focusing distribution to the following groups:
1) NGOs involved in the Indian World Bank Country Assistance strategy consultation process
2) Relevant Standing Committees of the Indian Parliament
3) National and International Economists
4) International and National supportive networks
5) Relevant government officials and ministries
6) Local and International Press Lists
If you have other suggestions for creating an ambitious distribution please send them.
If anyone would like to help us with translation into any local or international language you support is much appreciated.
Michele Kelley and Deepika D'Souza
For The World Bank Tribunal Secretariat
-- Michele Kelley World Bank Tribunal Secretariat New Delhi, India firstname.lastname@example.org