List of Places attacked by Bajrang Dal in Karnataka
Bajrang Dal people claim that they have only attacked New Life Fellow Ship Centers in Karnataka giving the reason that they are involved into forcible conversions. But they have attacked number of Roman Catholic and protestant churches and their prayer centers. Irony is that there is not even a single complaint lodged for forcible conversion all over India. Also there are several reports of forcible reconversion to Hinduism in Orissa and other parts of the nation.
In fact at the beginning Bajrang Dal people openly claimed responsibility for the attacks. Later on they changed their statement and said all attacked places belongs to New Life Fellowship only. But now slowly they change their statement once again saying that they are not behind these attacks. May be they are now frightened that the group will be named as terrorist and banned.
The list of places that were attacked by them on 14th September 2008 and the following day. Also four Roman Catholic churches in the next Sunday (21st September). Three churches in Bangalore and one in Kodagu District. I got total list of 33 places of attacks. There may be some more left out apart from these.
A. South Canara District
1. Roman Catholic: Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration Monastery of Milagres in Mangalore city. Broken crucifix and vandalized the place of worship including the blessed sacrament, furniture, window glasses.
3. Seriyan Church:: St. George Church in Ujire, Belthangady. Entered in the early morning 3.00 am and vandalized crucifix, blessed Sacrament. They gathered bible, books, curtains and other things from the church and set fire.
4. Protestant: "Mahima Prarthanalaya" of Parenki, near Madanthyar. Vandalized the place including furniture, windows and attacked on Pastor Antony Rodrigues and three others attempting to their murder. But all four are survived.
5. Indian Pentecostal church: Kalanja village, Belthangady. Vandalized the place.
6. Protestant: "Bethesda Aradanalaya" in Borugudde, Sullia. Vandalized the place
7. Protestant: Nettana, Puttur, Sullia. Vandalized the place. Attacked Pastor Joy and badly hurt.
8. Believers Church of India: Bannur, Puttur, Sullia. Vandalized the place
9. New Life Fellowship Centre: Mastikatte, Moodbidri. Vandalized furniture, TV, VCD.
10. New Life Fellowship Centre: Kulur, Manglaore. Vandalized the place
11. New Life Fellowship Centre: Kankanady, Mangalore. Vandalized the place.
13. Protestant: I. P. C. Prayer centre, Karyatadka, Belthangady. Vandalized the place. Robed bibles. Attacked and seriously injured Krisudas an Dikayya
14. Roman Catholic: St. Annes Friary, Jail Road, Bejai, Mangalore. Vandalized the place
15. Roman Catholic: CODP Prayer Centre, Nantoor, Mangalore. Vandalized the place
16. Roman Catholic: Vijaya Mary Convent, Mary Hill, Bondel, Mangalore. Pelted lots of stones and vandalized the place
17. Roman Catholic: Infant Jesus Convent, Mary Hill, Bondel, Mangalore. Pelted lots of stones and vandalized the place
B. Udupi District:
18. New Life Fellowship Centre: KSRTC Bus Stand, Udupi. Vandalised the place.
19. New Life Fellowship Centre: Byndoor, Shiroor. Attacked and attempted the murder of Pastor K A Abraham. Vandalised the place
20. New Life Fellowship Centre: Madur, Kollur. Attacked the people. Vandalised the place.
21. New Life Fellowship Centre: Taluk Office, Karkala Vandalised the place
22. Roman Catholic: Malayalee Christians Clara Sadana in Kundapur. Pelted stones and vandalised the place.
C. Chikmangalore District
23. Yahova Witness: Magod Village, Yahova Witness prayer centre. Vandalised the place. Attacked pastor Samiulla.
24. Prayer centre of Singarakatte, village in Kadur Taluk. Attaked people. Kalleshappa and Savitry are badly injured
25. Time and Full Gospel Harvest Prayer centre, Jayapura. Koppa. 20 Bajrang Dal people entred the prayer hall attacked people. Vandalized the place.
26. St. Thomas prayer hall, Gorigandi, Balehonnur. Vandalised the place.
27. Roman Catholic: Vandalized the place of Our Lady of Mount Carmel prayer hall, Kudremukh. Vandalised the place. Broken the glasses of more than 20 windows.
D. Chikkballapur district:
28. St. Thomas peace prayer hall Chikkanagadi is vandalized
E. Kolar District:
29. Roman Catholic: Statue of St. Mary in St. Mary's Church Kolar City vandalized.
Churches attacked on 21st September
F. Bangalore District
30. Roman Catholic: The St James Church in Mariannanapalya on the ring road near Hebbal, Bangalore City.
31. Roman Catholic: The Church of Holy Name of Jesus near Rajarajeshwarinagar on Mysore Road in Bangalore City.
32. Roman Catholic: Church at Boonahalli near Devanahalli in city outskirts
G. Kodagu District
33. Roman Catholic: Madikeri Church
Replying to this email will send an e-mail to 7000+ members of Jharkhand Forum.