Is Greenpeace NGO backed up by Science or emotion?
It seems that Greenpeace and other environmental organizations have a habit making unscientific demands without any scientific datas and inputs. This is clear from the position with regard to Dhamra Port. These organizations who claim themselves to work for environmental protection work more on emotional basis rather than on clear scientific reasoning and logic. On the request of Dhamra Port Company Ltd (DPCL), L&T and Tata Steel, two of them namely BNHS and WWF initially agreed to do further environmental studies on Dhamra port way back in 2005, but withdrew in the last minute.
Due to the delaying tactics by the said organization the construction of Dhamra port was stopped for them for the period from Nov 2005 to March 2006. But inspite of the stoppage of the work at Dhamra, both BNHS and WWF withdrew from making further environmental studies on Dhamra Port. Similarly after discussions between both the environmental NGOs and Dhamra Port developers, additional study was agreed upon in Dec 2008 to assess Biological Impact by Dhamra Port. The study was supposed to be conducted by mutually agreed upon scientists. The promoters agreed upon for further studies inspite of International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) the world's most renowned scientific organisation being already involved in the study in Dhamra since last 2 years.
But similar to last time ( that in 2005), these organizations led by Greenpeace once again demanded to stop construction of Dhamra Port immediately in February 2009. This demand has no scientific back-up or inputs and was purely made on emotional basis and it does not have scientific recommendation. However DPCL, Tata Steel and L&T team showed it preparedness to adjust the schedule of works including dredging to facilitate the study after due recommendation by the Scientists team.
It may be noted that IUCN and the MTSG (Marine Turtle Scientific Group) scientists working with the group have clearly stated that dredging operations for Dhamra does not and will not affect the Olive Ridley Turtles in Gahirmatha Marine Sanctuary and its periphery area.
1. To post at more than thirty blog websites of Jharkhand Forum and its email list you do not need to sign-up. (e.g. - http://blog.jharkhandi.org )
2. To post your contents (messages, articles, write-up, discussions reply and video) at Jharkhand Forum's websites and email list simply send it to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
3. You can use any email address(s) to send your contents to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com. Also, you can hide your email address by request and we will replace your display email address with email@example.com
4. Jharkhand Group of websites is 100 percent advert-free and open access in all parts of the world.
6. Jharkhand Forum is one of the biggest public blogger on hot issues of India with 12000+ registered users and contributors. It maintains 200+ blogs / websites / video blogs.
7. If your email is bouncing from Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com then it means that your email address is banned by moderators. So, if you try to using a new email address to send your contents then it won't be bounced.
8. If you'd like to share your documentary or video clips on Jharkhand Forum's Video Blog [ http://documentary.jharkhand.us ] then upload your video on youtube.com and send the link (s) at Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
9. Jharkhand Forum's Websites, Email List and Video Blog publish English language contents only.
10. Any material / contents once posted at Jharkhand Forum's websites can not be deleted even if you request for same.
11. Jharkhand Group of websites is maintained by unpaid volunteers based at various cities in India, Europe & United States.