Execute ILO Recommendation
Tamil Nadu Women's Forum is joining the struggles of United Workers Union of Arakkonam Madras Rubber Factory.
Arakkonam Madras Rubber (MRF) United Workers Union is on Strike. There are 1400 permanent workers and 3,000 contract workers working in this factory. On 29.12.2003, Arakkonam Madras Rubber Factory United Workers Union was registered.
Madras Rubber Factory management fails to recognize the Arakkonam Madras Rubber Factory United Workers Union. The management interferes in Trade union affairs through creation of another union.
The management has dismissed workers and has suspended those who are active in the Trade Union affairs. The workers who are active in the Trade Union are transferred from one section to the other. Their wages were reduced and there has been complaints of physical violence and lodging of false criminal charges.
Arakkonam Madras Rubber Factory United Workers Union is not recognized by the employer because of the collective bargaining. The workers complained that the work load is more. They are paid on piece rate. There are six branches in Tamil Nadu and Pondichery. But the branch at Arakkonam the workers are paid on piece rate and a basic salary has not been given to them for many years. A Contract worker Mr. Suresh Kumar was found hanging in the factory's toilet in a suspicious way. The factory was closed on 17.05.2009. The factory has chosen only a few supporters and is giving a picture that the factory is working. The workers who are the members of United Workers Union were not allowed to work in the factory.
Under the Committee on the Freedom of Association report, an application has been filed in the International Labour Standards and ILO has requested the Government to take immediate necessary action to be taken through Recommendations.
The demands are:
• Recognize Arakkonam Madras Rubber Factory United Workers Union.
• Execute immediately ILO recommendations.
• All contract workers should be made permanent.
• All the active workers in the United workers Union who are suspended, dismissed should be reinstated.
• Basic salary should be paid as per the 12 (3) like other branches. No payment by piece rates.
TAMIL NADU WOMEN'S FORUM, CHENNAI
Note: To post your contents (press release, messages, articles, write-up, issues for public discussions and documentary video) at this website, simply send it to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com. No sign-up required.
This is an advert-free and quick posting website so, its just take few minutes to appear your contents here as well as on 30 other websites of Jharkhand.ORG such as http://reporter.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://blog.jharkhandi.org | http://group.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://express.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://forum.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://adivasi.jharkhand.org.in/
Some Useful Links -:
01. ==> Jobs Post -> http://jobs.jharkhand.org.in
02. ==> Resume / CV -> http://resume.jharkhandi.com
03. ==> Marriage -> http://shaadi.jharkhandi.com
04. ==> Email A/c-> http://jharkhandi.com/email.aspx
05. ==> Network -> http://network.jharkhandi.com
06. ==> Documentary -> http://documentary.jharkhand.us
07. ==> Petition -> http://petition.jharkhand.org.in
08. ==> Districts -> http://jharkhandi.com/district.aspx
09. ==> Funding Appeal -> http://Funding-Appeal.economics.org.in
10. ==> Naxal Terror -> http://naxal.jharkhand.org.uk
Language Blogs -
01. ==> Sadri -> http://nagpuri.jharkhandi.com
02. ==> Mundari -> http://mundari.jharkhandi.com
03. ==> Khortha -> http://khortha.jharkhandi.com
04. ==> Oraon -> http://kurukh.jharkhandi.com
05. ==> Kharia -> http://kharia.jharkhandi.com
06. ==> Kurmali -> http://Kurmali.jharkhandi.com
07. ==> Santhali -> http://santali.jharkhandi.com
08. ==> Panchpargania -> http://panchpargania.jharkhandi.com