I think words like pogrom, genocide are tossed around so flippantly and frivolously nowadays that they have become meaningless. In the case of the aftermath of Indira Gandhi's killing, the more appropriate choice of words would be violence against sikhs. There was not attempt to commit genocide or pogrom.
Having said said, there was brutal killing of innocent hindus preceding all this. Many cases of passengers brought down from the bus and were shot shown upon knowing their religion. All for the sake of an extremist communal ideology called Khalistan.
Finally if my community security guardes had killed the very person they we are supposed to protect (ie Prime Minister), I would be hanging my head in shame. That is the ultimate travesty of trust. From a strictly unbiased position, we need to first analyze these and these acts which were planned, and were cold blooded killings. How do we compare it with the emotional unplanned riots following the killing of Indira Gandhi.
What should be done tha such violent unleashing of hatred is curbed. These are not difficult questions to answer. But in India's pseudo secular climate, it becomes convenient to push everything under the carpet and babble --RSS. RSS. Very laughable, very tragic.
2. To post your contents (messages, articles, write-up, discussions reply and video) at Jharkhand Forum's websites and email list simply send it to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
3. You can use any email address(s) to send your contents to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com. Also, you can hide your email address by request and we will replace your display email address with firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Jharkhand Group of websites is 100 percent advert-free and open access in all parts of the world.
6. Jharkhand Forum is one of the biggest public blogger on hot issues of India with 12000+ registered users and contributors. It maintains 200+ blogs / websites / video blogs.
7. If your email is bouncing from Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com then it means that your email address is banned by moderators. So, if you try to using a new email address to send your contents then it won't be bounced.
8. If you'd like to share your documentary or video clips on Jharkhand Forum's Video Blog [ http://documentary.jharkhand.us ] then upload your video on youtube.com and send the link (s) at Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
9. Jharkhand Forum's Websites, Email List and Video Blog publish English language contents only.
10. Any material / contents once posted at Jharkhand Forum's websites can not be deleted even if you request for same.
11. Jharkhand Group of websites is maintained by unpaid volunteers based at various cities in India, Europe & United States.