Twenty thousand Adivasi have decided for not to vote in Parliamentary elections
Adivasi Panchayat� is being called on 4th April at Vaijapur Village, Chopra, distt. Jalgaon, Maharstra
Twenty thousand tribal have decided for; 'not to vote in Parliamentary elections', endorsement would be made by "Adivasi Panchayat "
Protesting against the ignorance of legal processors by district Administration, Jalgaon, Maharastra
District collector has rejected the claims of tribal filed for recognition of forest land without hearing them and fallow the directions made by "Schedule tribe and other forest dwellers (recognition of forest right) Act, 2006".
Tribal of twenty villages belonging to Chopra- Talluka, district- Jalgaon, Maharastra, have decided to keep away theirselves from the process of Parliamentary elections and not to vote for anybody. They are holding a massive "Adivasi Panchayat" on 4rth of April at Vajapur village near Chopra surrounded by hills and forest for endorsement of their decisions in the court of public. More than twenty thousand tribal along with women are expected to come in the Panchayat. They are protesting the authoritarian order passed by district collector of Jalgaon rejecting the claims filed by Tribal for the land rights over forest land without hearing them during the implementation of "Schedule tribe and other forest dwellers (recognition of forest right) Act, 2006". The district administration of Jalgaon has denied to follow the directions of above Act/Rules, despite the request was made by the 'forest rights committees', constituted by gram sabhas according to Act. District administration has ignored the rights of these legal committees and rejected all claims without hearing Tribal (claimants). These claims were filed for the recognition/ legal rights for those forest lands, which are in their possession till 13 December, 2005, the cut of date decided by Law and still they are holding it. Dealing with the above law, administration has violated not only guidelines of the Act but the democratic processes, too.
As you all are aware that at the result of long-standing struggle of tribal, this act was enacted by Indian parliament and Central/ state governments have repeatedly retreated to ensure the .transparency during its implementation, so that the Tribal could be able to get justice. Unfortunately transparency was not maintained during the implementation of the Act. Tribal of this area was also fought for the same under the banner of "Lok Sangharsh Morcha", a people's movement working at National level for tribal rights. They were demonstrated at parliament along with thousands of women and submitted a memorandum to joint parliamentary committee (JPC) for bringing this pro-people Act.
Jalgaon administration has not only failed to achieve the goal declared by the Act for 'undoing the historic injustice done in the past with tribal', but also win over the confidence of tribal as marginalize section of society.
People are going through with sorrow & anger and have decided not to exercise their voting rights during the Parliamentary elections unless the order was not withdrawn, while keeping full faith in democracy. They have no other option left except the boycott of elections to file their protest.
1. To post at more than thirty blog websites of Jharkhand Forum and its email list you do not need to sign-up. (e.g. - http://blog.jharkhandi.org )
2. To post your contents (messages, articles, write-up, discussions reply and video link) at Jharkhand Forum�s websites and email list simply send it to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
3. You can use any email address(s) to send your contents to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com. Also, you can hide your email address by request and we will replace your display email address with email@example.com
4. Jharkhand Group of websites is 100 percent advert-free and open access in all parts of the world.
7. If your email is bouncing from Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com then it means that your email address is banned by moderators. So, if you try to using a new email address to send your contents then it won�t be bounced.
8. If you�d like to share your documentary or video clips on Jharkhand Forum�s Video Blog [ http://documentary.jharkhand.us ] then upload your video on youtube.com and send the link (s) at Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
9. Jharkhand Forum�s Websites, Email List and Video Blog publish English language contents only.
10. Any material / contents once posted at Jharkhand Forum�s websites can not be deleted even if you request for same.
11. Jharkhand Group of websites is maintained by unpaid volunteers based at various cities in India, Europe & United States.